Plattsburgh Alumni Association Board of Directors Roles & Responsibilities
Members are expected to:
- Serve as an ambassador of the college and leader in volunteerism.
- To the best of your ability make SUNY Plattsburgh your top philanthropic priority.
- Volunteer your time to organize, host, and or sponsor alumni
activities in your community with support from the SUNY Plattsburgh
Office of Alumni Relations.
- Support the goals of Cardinal Connections by assisting students and
alumni with professional networking opportunities, internships and
- Support the college’s enrollment goals by referring students and participating in Admission Office efforts when requested.
- Support the efforts of the college to engage alumni by serving as a class agent or reunion chair or committee member.
- Advocate for SUNY Plattsburgh and promote the college to students, parents, government officials, and citizens.
- Officially represent SUNY Plattsburgh at functions and events when requested.
- Provide advice and counsel to the executive director of the
Plattsburgh Alumni Association and to approve and implement association
policy when required.
- Attend the fall and spring board meetings each year.
- Actively advance SUNY Plattsburgh by supporting the mission and strategic vision of the Office of Institutional Advancement.
Office of Alumni Relations
Hawkins Hall Room 113
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, N.Y. 12901-2681
Phone: (518) 564-2090 or (800) 964-1889
FAX: (518) 564-2094